Friday, June 8, 2012

Gawai Travelogue 2012 Part 2

Yeah, sorry for the late update. Anyway, there wasn’t any electricity so the longhouse was really hot (occasionally, the wind would come and cool down the heat…). That evening, I took my bath in cold stream(‘ai batu’…)..Yes! so relief…

No electricity so all we need was a small machine called generatorJ


Yup, some of them were still ‘miring’, in fact, the majority of them were still ‘miring’

We began the night by praying (‘miring’ and catholic’s prayer…). Most of them (12 doors…5 doors have embrace catholic…) belief in nature’s power, hence explain why ‘miring’ were so strong within their life.

‘Bebiau’

We went door to door



The ‘piring’ then was placed outside the house…

After that, we went door to door for catholic’s prayer

That’s my uncle…I stayed in his house (simply because they have proper toilet…seriously..else I had to do my business in ‘ai batu’…haha)

Yes, that’s also my uncle, the veteran singer

While waiting for the clock ticking@12 midnight, we had karaoke session and poco-poco

Tuai rumah gathered all the community in front of the stage for countdown…

“ni ngau dek?pegai ngau dek…’ said the tuai rumah (when he saw me holding nothing except my digicam…)

Countdown…3, 2, 1…ohhhhhhaaaaaaaa!!

*gulp gulp…..ahhhhh

The spirit of togetherness among them, eating together while wishing each other Selamat Hari Gawai…

My cousin, emceeing….

The DJ…my errmmm…..my ‘son’..hahaha

Spectator…

The night continued with ‘suara emas’…

I slept@5 a.m….that’s how hardcore we were….hahaha….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...