Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Thailand's Got Talent

This a continuation from my post in my facebook. Hey, I’m not a fag but trust me, watching this is unbelievable! This is the latest internet sensation from “Thailand’s Got Talent”, a knock-off version of America’s Got Talent, Bell Nuntita.





Bell Nuntita, aka  Nuntrita “Bell” Khampriranon, wowed judges and the audience with her feminine alto voice with her rendition of a sappy Thai pop tune. About 64 seconds into the silky smooth number, to the crowd’s amazement, she suddenly switched up her pipes and then stunned them again when she lowered her pitch to an ultra-masculine bass.

Bell was born male but has “evolved” into an extremely beautiful female. Hearing Bell croon like a guy got squeals from the audience. By the song’s end, the judges appeared stunned and the audience erupted with wild cheers and rapturous applause.

Bell’s voice was excellent as both genders in her solo duet. She, of course, got the thumbs up from all three judges, receiving a lingering hug from the male hosts.

Said one of the judges after her song: “Initially, I was certain that you were a transexual, but once you began singing, I was fooled to think that you were female. After you started the male verse, I should have trusted my gut feeling.”

Watch her video(with English sub) here:


“I’ve been ridiculed a lot, like, ‘you fag’ or stuff like that. But I’ve had to keep it inside the whole time,” she said in a later interview, telling of her transgender journey. “And my dad would not accept me, to the point where he hits me so I could change back from being a transsexual to being ‘normal’.”
“I just want to tell my dad that I love him so much and I can do this.”

Bell’s appearance is not unusual in Thailand where thousands of young men take female hormones and dress as females in a culture called Katoey, or Ladyboy. It seems that Bell has a boyfriend so guys, you are out of luck.










 

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...