Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Visual manipulation…

I know there are 7 classes of food. Carbohydrates, protein, mineral salts, just to name a few, are classes of food. Oftentimes, when I do my groceries’ shop, I’ll make sure that the foods don’t pass its expiry date. Other than that, I’ll check the ingredients and the condition of the packaging or if it is a canned food, it doesn’t have any dent part. So, when I was about to cook my lunch…wait, alright, I don’t cook. It was Tom Yam noodle (Cintan). So basically I was boiling my noodle…What caught my eyes was the packaging. In front, they wrote SUMBER PROTEIN (source of protein).


Wow, really? Sumber Protien??


I am very sure the sources of protein but seeing it on a maggie mee is really my first time. I didn’t check it in the first place when I bought it since I just grabbed it and paid my groceries hurriedly (I was on my way to my work place, a bit late and I’m gona end up with a looonnng queue of lorries, over limit lori balak *JPJ sleeping along the way*, and trailer, tortoise…ugh, where is the highway minister!??). Ok. Curiously I checked the ingredient and this was what I found…..


You kiddin’ me?


Tepung gandum(flour powder) is sumber protein??? I thought they add mince vege of some sort of nutritional herbs inside…really bluffing! Not compelled with what I just found, I double check with my other maggie(I know, I’m such a maggie person, lots of it inside my kitchen, hehe).


Nah, Mee Segera 3 in 1 flavour…


They didn’t state any protein source at the front packaging. Let’s see what they listed in ingredients…


That’s right, they also listed Tepung Gandum…


Hmm…sometimes when people doing business, the unfortunate victim would be the consumer. Tricking customer into buying their maggie by saying that their product contain source of protein isn’t right. Flour powder is somewhat protein, but stating that their product contains protein (when in fact it is the main ingredient in all noodle, all brands of noodle…) and obviously better than other brands of maggie is like manipulating the customer. Readers, please be aware of your consumerism rights!! Adios…  

2 comments:

  1. i was once taught in school that vegetarians need an extra helping of legumes plus cereal-based food to make up for the loss of essential amino acids from meat products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanx alexluvkajol for the tips. nowadays, even vegetarians food have too much preservatives..again we need to be extra careful..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...