Saturday, December 25, 2010

My typical xmas eve(24th)..

As usual, there were a lot of things going on around the house. Most importantly, the food must be ready for the next day’s occasion. Therefore, I decided to take you all to see some of the things that my family normally did yearly. First of all, we bought some dry food and drinks..and talking about drinks, it involves alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. I personally not into alcoholic drinks (*cough ) during festive season especially during x’mas since to me associating the celebration of the birth of Jesus with alcohol is so wrong. This year, I didn’t expect many people visiting us but still, I bought some for our guest who might enjoy drinking. Checking the fridge, this is what you’ll see..
Beers in the fridge while wine on the kitchen’s rack.
My mom was busy preparing her chicken curry (I super-love spicy curry!) so I took a few photos of her. I remember asking my ‘old’ friend to make me a thick, extra extra extra spicy chicken curry for me and I’m lovin’ it! I end up in the toilet quite a few time when my stomach can’t barely take the spiciness..hahaha. Tell you what, eating chicken curry with bread makes me happy already..My mom’s curry isn’t spicy enough(kids in the house want curry too, so she add a little chili) but I don’t mind.  

I went out and the sky looked gloomy. It has been like a month now almost every evening the rain swept the land continuously. Even my daily jogging routine had to be halted sometimes. I went to check out what my brother in law was doing and as usual, he was preparing this..
can’t you smell the aroma of lemang and manok pansuh? Yummy!!!

Despite heavy downpour we took turn rolling the bamboo as to not making the bamboo burn. Trust me, when lemang+chicken curry+manok pansuh,= 2kgs additional weight on me! Can’t stop myself..hehe. It didn’t take long before our ‘ever-efficient’ Sesco cut off the electricity which sent us in shock, frantically rushing to take bath before it was too dark (5.45pm – 7.30 pm). It was almost two hours before they resume the electricity and I like to say million thanks to them for abruptly disturbing our rainy, x’mas eve. Thanks to them one of our rice cooker stopped cooking and instead of getting rice for dinner, we got raw rice! (yeah, we had ‘Japanese style’ dinner, Sesco!)  
The xmas eve mass started at 8pm and just when I was about to take bath, the electricity came back. We went to church and found that the church was full with people so I had to sit at the back of the church.

Back in my ‘heyday’ my place would be up there, together with priest sitting on the altar…never had a problem finding empty seat

It was a beautiful mass, and I saw one of my former classroom teacher. She’s still hot beautiful and I remember having crushed on her..haha. Who’s never had a crush on our teacher!?? Everything went on smooth and surprisingly the mass ended faster this year. Maybe because I was sleepy(sorry..) during mass that I felt like it ended faster than the previous year. Anyway, that’s my typical xmas eve and last but not least, MERRY CHRISTMAS readers!!

4 comments:

  1. U seems to have a moderate Christmas eve...and I am curious of who of the lady you are talking about? Anyway, sleepy or not sleepy, may this Christmas brings another meaningful year to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. EMMM....MERRY CHRISTMAS...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...